Updated August 16, 2023
Wanna play Amazon Music on Google Home via computer, Android or iPhone, tablet, iPad, or any other device? This article will explain them all.
Obviously, one of the major reasons to get a Google Home is for its full support of Google Assistant (the best AI-voice command option in the market), allowing users to make hands-free calls, wake up in the morning, schedule appointments, stream music and more. In the case of playing tracks on Google Home, it's disappointing that Google Home won't perform the full power of Assistant on some third-party online music streaming service, for example, Amazon Music.
That means, while directly casting Amazon Music from PC or phone to Google Home for playback, you can only use the basic voice commands: pause, play, stop, next, etc. But fret not, below will list 5 methods to play Amazon songs on Google Home with voice commands you prefer.
- Method 1: Play Amazon Music on Google Home via Computer
- Method 2: Play Amazon Music on Google Home via Android Phone or Tablet
- Method 3: Play Amazon Music on Google Home with iPhone
- Method 4: Play Amazon Music on Google Home via Bluetooth
- Method 5: Play Amazon Music on Google Home via Multiple Services
The simplest way to stream Amazon Music songs on Google Home is casting audio to Home via the Chrome browser on PC. Just follow the procedures below and start enjoyment:
Step 1 Connect your PC and Google Home to the same Wi-Fi.
Step 2 Go to Amazon Music Webpage in Chrome and log in to your Amazon Music Unlimited or Prime Music account.
Step 3 Tap the Triple-Dotted Menu icon at the upper-right corner of Chrome browser and select the "Cast…" option.
Step 4 In the cast window, choose your Google Home as the target smart speaker.
Now, you are able to select your favorite Amazon playlists on computer and start streaming them on Google Home easily!
Currently, you are allowed to directly choose a popular Amazon song on your Android phone or tablet and cast to Google Home. Here's how:
Step 1 Connect your Android device and Google Home to the same Wi-Fi.
Step 2 Go to the Amazon Music application on your phone/tablet, hit the "Cast" tab at the upper-right corner, and choose the Google Home you need to connect.
Step 3 Choose one of your playlists on Amazon Music and start playing on Google Home.
It's a shame that the Google Home app is only available for Android devices. For iOS users, you can only cast content on the device with AirPlay-enabled. In this case, you can still use Bluetooth to play Amazon streams on Google Home.
Step 1 On iPhone, go to "Settings > Bluetooth".
Step 2 Connect your iPhone to Google Home.
Step 3 Now, chose an Amazon Music track and start playing on Google Home.
If you would like to
Tool Required: TuneBoto Amazon Music Converter
Armed with a top-rated audio downloading core, TuneBoto Amazon Music Converter supports to record and convert any songs from Amazon Music Unlimited & Prime Music to plain MP3/AAC/WAV/FLAC/AIFF with the ID3 tags kept at a high speed. With its help, you can store all your favorite Amazon albums as personal playlists and play on any devices, including Google Home, without any limitations.
Amazon Music Converter
Step-by-Step Tutorial: Play Amazon Music on Google Home via Bluetooth
The following is the detailed tutorial to guide you to download any Amazon Music tracks with TuneBoto, transfer them to any device, and then play them on Google Home with ease. Before that, please make sure you have downloaded and installed the program on your PC or Mac computer.
Step 1 Run TuneBoto Amazon Music Converter
Download and launch TuneBoto Amazon Music Converter, and then choose one working mode as you like. Amazon Music App supports downloading music up to Ultra HD at 5X speed. Amazon Music Webplayer supports downloading music up to HD at 10X speed. After that, log in to your Amazon Music Unlimited / Prime Music account in the app or web player.
Step 2 Customize the Output Settings
Click the "Settings" tab on the lower left corner to customize the Output Format (MP3/AAC/WAV/FLAC/AIFF/ALAC), Folder, Quality (320kbps, 256kbps, 192kbps, 128kbps) and more.
Step 3 Add Amazon Playlist/Album/Artist
App mode: Go to Amazon Music app and choose one playlist/album. Drag it to TuneBoto's interface or copy the URL into the parse box. Then pick up the songs you want in a new window and click "Add".
Webplayer mode: Open one of your Amazon albums, artists or playlists, and tap the blue "Click to add" button suspended on the right side, then the program will list all songs immediately in the new window. Now all you need to do is select Amazon Music songs you want to download and click "Add".
Step 4 Start to Download Amazon Music
Simply click the "Convert" button, TuneBoto will start downloading the Amazon songs to the output folder you've previously set in step 2.
After conversion, you can access the conversion list by hitting the "Converted" module to find your converted songs.
Step 5 Sync Amazon Music to Google Home
Connect your phone to computer via a USB cable and directly copy and paste Amazon songs to phone. After that, you could play Amazon songs on Google Home by the following steps:
1. Open the Google Home app on your mobile, tap the Google Home device you want to pair, and then directly go to "Settings > Audio > Paired Bluetooth devices > Enable Pairing Mode".
2. Say "Hey Google, Connect to Bluetooth" to let your Google Home connect to your phone.
3. After connection, you can request an Amazon song by saying "Hey Google, Play [song name]".
If you want to put your Amazon songs into Google Drive device, you can also try to utilize Spotify, Apple Music, or YouTube services. Here's how to make it work:
Method 4.1 Play Amazon Music on Google Home via Spotify
1. Convert Amazon songs via the method above and then import them to your mobile device firstly.
2. Go to Spotify app, click , then Settings. Scroll down to Local Files and switch Show Local Files on.
3. Find out the Amazon songs in "Local Files" and add them to your selected playlist. Now, you could ask "Hey Google, Play [playlist name]".
More Details on Import Amazon Music to Spotify
Method 4.2 Play Amazon Music on Google Home via Apple Music
After converting Amazon Music successfully via TuneBoto, open iTunes on Windows PC and Music app on your Mac, then follow the steps below:
1. Go to "File > Add to Library or File", and locate the offline Amazon Music songs for uploading.
2. Open the Google Home app on your computer, click "Settings > Select Music", and click the "Link Account" next to the Apple Music icon.
3. Follow the steps to log into your Apple Music account, and then you are able to play Amazon Music on Google Home with ease.
Method 4.3 Play Amazon Music on Google Home via YouTube
To add Amazon Music on Google Home via YouTube, firstly you will need to access YouTube service on Google Home.
1. Launch the YouTube app on your mobile device, and upload the converted Amazon Music songs to it. Note that you'll have to make them private.
2. Start the Google Home app, and click "Settings > Device Settings > Paired Bluetooth Devices" on the list.
3. Tap "Enable Pairing mode" to let Google Home connect to your Android or iPhone.
4. Once connected, play the Amazon Music on YouTube, then your Amazon playlist will be automatically played on Google speaker with ease.
Now that you've got five ways to stream Amazon Music tracks on Google Home. It's suggested to use TuneBoto to convert Amazon songs and transfer to Google Home for playback. After downloading Amazon Music with TuneBoto, you can even keep Amazon Music songs playable after unsubscription. TuneBoto offers the free trial version for users to test its features. Now, give it a shot!