Below are some frequently asked questions and answers about TuneBoto Amazon Music Converter for Windows.
The free trial version enables you to convert the first three minutes of each song and convert 3 music files at a time. To unlock its trial limits, you need to register the program with your license received after purchasing.
Run TuneBoto on your computer and sign in with your Amazon Music account, click on the Key icon to open the registration window, and then copy and paste the registration Email and Code you received into the window.
The registration information is case sensitive. So please do not add blank at the beginning or end of the word. And please make sure you've downloaded the correct program. Otherwise, please download the latest version from Download Center.
We provide three license plans to meet your requirements for the different usage times of TuneBoto Amazon Music Converter (Win & Mac). The following will be the detailed info for these 3 plans:
1. There are 3 types of license plans for your choice (1 month/ 1 Year/ Lifetime). Which plan you select will determine how long you can use TuneBoto Amazon Music Converter (Win & Mac) with full features.
2. To ensure the service quality, the Automatic Renewal of the 1-Month & the 1-Year plan is enabled by default. But no worries, the service is optional and can be disabled at any time. If you would like to cancel your next subscription, please go to the email of your order receipt, where there is a link to cancel automatic renewal.
3. The Lifetime Plan is for lifelong use & upgrade. You will be charged only once.
4. Each license can be used on one computer only.
5. TuneBoto commits a 100% money-back guarantee under accepted circumstances. Check our Refund Policy.
TuneBoto Amazon Music Converter enables you to download and convert all songs from Amazon Music Unlimited and Prime Music to MP3/AAC/WAV/FLAC format without installing any extra app, including Amazon Music.
To make the program work smoothly, a well-installed audio driver is necessary. So when a window pops up asking to install the virtual audio driver during TuneBoto's installation, please do remember to click "Yes" on Win 7 or "Install" on Win 10 to permit its installation.
You can check if the device named "AMM Virtual Audio Device" is well installed by right-clicking the Windows start menu >> "Device Manager" >> "Sound, video, and game controllers".
If no audio driver named "AMM Virtual Audio Device" is found, please refer to the following steps to install it manually.
Step 1: Right-click on the Windows start menu icon on the bottom left-hand side of your screen. And then select "System", a window will pop up, where you can check the info about your Windows OS (Win7/Win8/Win8.1/Win10), and the system type (x64/x86).
Step 2: Right-click the TuneBoto icon and click “Open file location” to find the “driver” folder under the installation directory. Open the “driver” folder, and you will see two folders named “x64” and “x86”. Please open one of them (up to your system type), and then choose the system folder related to your Windows OS.
Step 3: Double-click the file called “install.bat”, following that a window will pop up to install the driver. Wait for several seconds, then you can go back to the "Device Manager" window and check if the virtual device is installed successfully.
Step 4: Finally, please restart your computer and try to convert music.
1. Please make sure the audio driver named "AMM Virtual Audio Device" is well installed. You can access "Device Manager" by right-clicking the Windows start menu to check if the audio driver is listed under the part "Sound, video, and game controllers". If not, please uninstall TuneBoto and then reinstall it from Download Center.
2. It might also result from the lower version of your Chrome. You need to have Google Chrome 75.0.x or higher installed on your PC. The latest version of Google Chrome is recommended here.
3. Please do not play Amazon Music on other devices while converting.
4. Please check whether there is an external audio device connected with your computer while conversion. If so, please disconnect it (including Bluetooth). Then restart your computer and convert the songs again.
Should the problem persist, please send all details of your problem to our support team at email@example.com, attached your Windows OS info as well as the log file of TuneBoto. Just find the menu button on the upper left corner and click on "Open Log File", and a window that contains the log file would pop up. Please send all those log files to us.
Sorry, no. But we've added this feature to our future plan.
Should you have any questions about how to using TuneBoto Amazon Music Converter for Mac, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.